Dr. Alan Brackup, MD FACS
Dr. Alan B. Brackup, MD, FACS is a double board-certified cosmetic surgeon and ophthalmologist. Dr. Brackup was the first surgeon in the United States to be board-certified in cosmetic surgery (American Board of Cosmetic Surgery) and ophthalmology (American Board of Ophthalmology). An award-winning cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Brackup has extensive training, skill, and experience in surgical and nonsurgical procedures.
Specialties and Skills
Along with his certifications in cosmetic surgery and ophthalmology, Dr. Brackup further enhanced his skill with a fellowship in oculofacial plastic surgery, allowing him to create beautiful, natural-looking results for his patients. Along with his surgical training and skills, Dr. Brackup has embraced modern medical technology, equipping his Langhorne office with the latest nonsurgical cosmetic treatments. From nonsurgical liposuction and skin tightening, Dr. Brackup helps his patients choose their best treatment plan, whether it is surgical, nonsurgical, or a combination of both. As an author of numerous articles in the field of oculofacial cosmetic surgery, Dr. Brackup has been an invited lecturer at conferences around the world. He continues to be at the forefront of the field, actively pursuing technological advances in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Brackup serves as the Chairman of the Medical Board of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission. Appointed by the Governor, Dr. Brackup is responsible for medical policy as it relates to the combat sports of mixed martial arts and boxing in Pennsylvania. He has served as the ringside Physician for numerous boxing title events and Ultimate Fighting Championships, including the inaugural UFC event in 1993.
Blissfully married for 32 years, Alan and Eileen Brackup have 3 children: Robert, Julia, and Shane. When not in the office or spending time with family, Dr. Brackup can usually be found on the mats of the Ricardo Almeida Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy, perusing the shelves of local wine shops, or challenging himself on extreme ski terrain around the world.
- Fellowship in Oculofacial Plastic Surgery at the University of Iowa in Iowa City
- Residency in Ophthalmology at Stanford University in California
- Internship in Internal Medicine at Lankenau University in Philadelphia
- Medical Doctorate from Stanford University School of Medicine in California
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology from Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania
- Assistant Clinical Professor – University of Pennsylvania
- Associate Fellowship Director –University of Pennsylvania
- Associate Fellowship Director – Albany Medical College
- Instructor – Allergan (BOTOX, Juvederm)
- Instructor – Medicis (Restylane)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Fellow
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Fellow
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery Inc., Member
- American Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, Member
- American Society of Liposuction Surgery, Member
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Fellow
- Association of Professional Ringside Physicians, Member
- International Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons, Member
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, Member
- Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission, Medical Advisory Board, Governor-Appointed Chairman
- Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgery Society, Member
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors®
- Best of Bucks winner for Plastic Surgery by The Bucks County Courier Times
- Best Langhorne Cosmetic Surgeon by United States Commerce Association
- America’s Top Surgeons in Plastic Surgery by the Consumer Research Council of America
- Best Plastic Surgeon in Bucks County by The Philadelphia Inquirer
- RealSelf “Top Doctor”
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
- Multiple awards from Vitals, including Patients’ Choice Award, On-Time Doctor Award, Compassionate Doctor Award, and more
- John J. and Hazel Foster Award, Outstanding Research Project, Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University Medical Center
- Henry I. Baylis Cosmetic Surgery Award – American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery
- Brackup, A.B. and Abel, A.D.: “Cosmetic Rejuvenation of the Lower Face and Neck.” Oculoplastics and Orbit. Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg 2007.
- McCarty, M.L. and Brackup, A.B.: “Minimal Incision Facelift Surgery.” Ophthal Clinics of North America 18, 2005.
- Brackup, A.B.: “Advances and Controversies in Face Lift Surgery.” Current Opinion in Ophthalmology14:253-259, 2003.
- Brackup, A. B.: “Combined Cervicofacial Rhytidectomy and Laser Skin Resurfacing.” Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery18(1):24, 2001.
- Brackup, A. B.: “Laser Rejuvenation of the Periorbital Region.” Laser Facial Rejuvenation. Revinter ltd., Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1998.
- Brackup, A. B.: “Combined C02Laser Resurfacing and Skin Excision in Lower Lid Blepharoplasty.” International Journal of Aesthetic and Restorative Surgery.?5(1):38, 1997.